Early Morning Mountains

God I hate getting up in the morning.

Maybe I should rephrase that. God, I hate getting up for work
at 4 am.

That is so freaking early.

You know how I know that?

My dog Rudy won't even get up.

In fact he'll lift his head and look at me with a look that says "What the hell are you doing up this freaking early? Oh, by the way, leave me some food in my bowl when you leave." then he'll drop his head and go back to sleep.

I never thought in all my years I would be getting up to go to work when I used to be just going to bed in my crazy young days. I didn't join the military because I didn't want to get up that early.

Now...I'm up so early that I hear revelry at the air force base located on the other side of the airport. And to top it off...by the time I hear the bugle play to wake up our brave men and women in uniform, I've already been at my job for three hours.

You know what makes it worse?

I hate coffee. Can't stand it. So not only am I tired and grumpy I have to put up with all those other cheerful people high on caffeine.

They are so smug with their "Good Morning's." It make's me sick. I just want to tell them to shove it. Then...I turn on the radio thinking that some music might wake me up...but nooooo. There' some annoying guy and gal hyped on some sort of super coffee telling me all about what happened on American Idol or Dancing With the Stars the night before.

I don't care. I want to hear music...not people talking.

Than...they jack it up a notch by asking listeners what they think about the latest Brittney Spears scandle. I don't care about Brittney Spears, let alone what Joe Blow off the street thinks about it. PLAY MUSIC!!

Seriously, you don't need a Howard Stern or a Bob and Tom type on every single station. Not just that. Only a few people (like a Stern or a Bob and Tom) can really pull "talk radio" stuff off. Just play music so sorry suckers like myself who have to be up at this time can stare blindly at the wall and wonder: "What happened to my Life? How did I get here? My life had promise didn't it? Maybe I should of payed more attention in school!"

Then, just when I think this is it..the end of my life...the sunlight pierces the morning and hits Pike Peak and the front range of the Rocky Mountains. The colors are unbelievable. The purples and oranges dancing across the mountains are...well...indescribable.

I have always heard America The Beautiful growing up, and heard the lyric "...purple mountains majesty". I never believed that line until now.

The mountains in the early morning sun are truly purple and magnificent. It's beautiful.

When I see them, I take a deep breath of the clean crisp mountain air and think out loud "Man, I am glad I get up so early in the morning for work."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey guy, its saxfreak2k4 fom youtube, aka danny.

i understand your thing with coffee, but me, im allergic to it.

and the morning radio station, try listening to 9.45 the buzz (www.thebuzz.com to listen online) they bring up the stuff you dont like but they dont sit on it like some others.